The Root Cause

>> Sunday, October 17, 2010

I was at this site just now OCD - The Root Cause, at first I thought for sure I don't have this when I read (as stated in the aboutme section) - How to put a Stop to Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD). I was like 'naaahh.....', so I kept on reading it ...



What is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)? 


In OCD, sufferers experience repetitive, intrusive and unwelcome impulses and doubts which they find hard to ignore. Obsessions are the impulses people have which reoccur over and over again. Feeling excessively worried about the hands being dirty for example are obsessive feelings. In order to make the obsessive feelings go away the compulsions are performed. Excessively washing the hands are compulsions. Some common OCD's are touching, nail biting, excessive double-checking, counting, hand washing, cleaning, hoarding, praying and ordering/arranging.

Individuals with this disorder feel the urge to carry out specific actions such as hand washing, nail biting etc to release a build up of tension. The more an individual tries to stop carrying out the rituals the harder s/he would find it to stop and it worsens when the individual is under stress. Fortunately there is a cure for this disorder.

source : therootcause

Hmm... I think I have few of the symptoms.. isk.isk.. I think I should grab this book.  *__*




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP