Facial Mask and Sleeping Mask

>> Saturday, January 22, 2011

How many of you use facial mask in your skin care routine? Or use facial mask everyday? Or apply sleeping mask every night? It got me thinking, is it good to apply facial/sleeping mask everyday? I searched for answers from various sites... so, mostly all the answers are more to No. No, it is not recommended to use facial mask everyday as our skin has some natural oils that it needs, and face masks get rid of that oil; over-moisturize can clog pores which can lead to breakouts. The recommended usage of a facial mask is 2-3 times a week. Follow the suggested time given; if it says leave for 15 mins then take it off after that as over using it might give unwanted effects. Using facial mask everyday can dry out your skin. This article I found from vivawoman's blog about 'everyday facial mask' described which type of mask can be used daily or not. She recommended that moisturizing and exfoliating masks can be used once or twice a week. Other type of masks can be used daily. If your skin is in good condition, use 1-2 times a week is enough.

There are few type of facial masks...
Clay mask, moisturizing mask, sheet mask, gel type mask, creamy type mask, exfoliating mask...etc

Few masks that I've used before:-
Facial Clay Mask Avocado & Oatmeal - I used this once a while and when I remember to. There's a tingling sensation feel on skin. The clay mask will harden as it dries and you'll feel tightening effect. After washing off the mask, you'll feel clean and smooth skin. Clay mask is good for oily skin and acne-prone skin to remove impurities, dirt, and oil. I read somewhere that if you put the clay mask on your pimple overnight, it will reduce the bump the next day. Anyone tried that before? 

DIY-mask by bubzbeauty (click it for the youtube recipe)
Key ingredients - Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV - great as toner as well), green tea, honey and sugar. Abit hard to apply on face because the mask will be very sugar-sugary and sticky-honey. So, you have to be very careful when applying this mask. Apply all over the face, scrub lightly and leave it for 10 minutes. After washing it off, skin looks fresh and feel moisturized. If you're not the type who like to keep changing facial mask products, this will be a good option if it works on your skin. This diy-mask can last quite long. Natural and cheap.  

Avène Facial Mask 
I never see this selling anywhere but I tried this mask before and I like it. It is to be used with Avène Thermal Spring Water. The mask is bigger than my face. Put the mask on face and spray with thermal spring water until the mask is wet. Leave for 15 mins. I leave it longer actually. Skin feels clean, smooth, fresh and glowing. Like it! I use the thermal spring water spray itself when I'm out. It will refresh you throughout the day and keep your skin hydrated (especially if you're in air-cond room almost the whole day).

Bio-essence Tri-Action Aqua Boost Complete Nourishing Sleeping Mask
I got this free sample from bio-essence months ago last year. I used it when travelling especially when you're staying in hotel (air-cond), have little time for skin prep, stay longer outside with hot weather, and less sleep. It works great on my skin, gave me moisturized skin the next morning. I wanted to buy this but the price is expensive as there are many other brands with cheaper price. Probably will pick this next time. I found one similar to this texture from Neutrogena brand. Tested it at Watsons and I saw the box written can be used as sleeping mask as well. Price is reasonable and I was about to get it when I suddenly saw another sleeping mask and took different brand. Hehe... Typical me. 

Facial mask that I recently purchased and currently using:

I have few masks that I misplaced so I tend to purchase new masks. I've tried beauty diary mask and other facial masks selling like hot cakes in online forum. Nothing 'wow' about the mask that will make me re-purchase them (unless got free or clearance sale... hehe). I love trying different brands. I'm currently addicted to sleeping mask. 

Sleeping Mask - MiLab Goodnite Mask 

MiLab Guudnite mask offer 4 different 'flavours'; different function- grape, papaya, strawberry, and pineapple. I bought papaya for pore refining.

"Papaya contains a natural enzyme that softens and digests dead skin cells, while encouraging new ones to develop. It helps reduce pore size and improve overall skin texture to reveal a softer and more vibrant skin."

This mask has papaya smell slightly, not strong la. But, if you're a papaya-hater and you can't even get a sniff of a papaya, better try the other types. So far, I like this mask. It keeps my skin moisturized cus sometimes I use the air-cond. I won't say it leaves a magic effect the next day (got such mask meh? If got I want also..) but it maintained the condition of my skin. As for the pore-refining effect, I can't comment much because as I said it works well on my skin. Anyone tried this before and feel the difference on their pores? Do share your experience. You can get this at RM38.90 (50g). I bought this at discounted price, around RM31.

Bioglo Rose Essence Sleeping Mask

Nice smell and light texture. 

"Rose essence is a strong astringent agent and antioxidant that helps stimulate blood circulation, soothe and protect skin. Its delicate scent calms and rebalances the mind."

Apart from the hydrating rose water and rose essential oil, it nourishes your skin with Aloe Vera, Olive & Ginkgo Biloba extracts, Hyaluronic Acid and Grape Seed oil. 

Another affordable sleeping mask with more volume; 70g. Light rose smell when applied on face, skin feels smooth next day after washing. I think all sleeping mask do that, right? 


Bioglo Exfoliating and Skin Refining Enzyme Mask

Creamy texture mask. This mask works in 5-action : gently exfoliates, brightens, hydrates, energises, and regulates oil production. It's very gentle to skin as it does not contain the conventional scrub (the beads-like or sand-like scrub). Leave on face and neck for 10 mins and rinse-off. You can feel like there's a moisturizing layer on your face. Then, apply toner and moisturizer.


I'm using Gamat Asli ('Hai Shen') by Insaan once in awhile also. I mentioned before I think. It has cell regeneration factor that will help in cell growth, bone and collagen. Gamat contains many beneficial components, properties, vitamins and minerals. Not bad, my skin felt smooth after using it.

Conclusion is that all masks (so far) worked perfectly on me. Sometimes, different type of mask give different effect based on skin type.

What facial mask are you using now? or recently purchased?

Have fun trying different type of masks. 

1 comments:

Kingkura April 3, 2015 at 10:33 PM  

Good sharing. Do you know about Milab Nzyme Pore Refining Wash and Mask? Milab Nzyme helps to remove the dull layer of dead skin cells, improves the texture of skin, unclogs pores as well as reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
May see another review at:
http://kidbuxblog.com/enzymes-fruit-power-cleanser/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP