Happy Kaamatan, Happy Gawai

>> Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Harvest Festival - Kotobian Tadau Tagazo do Kaamatan

Happy Gawai - Gayu-Guru, Gerai-Nyamai

I'm not really into Kaamatan festival actually but I do enjoy seeing the crowds, gathering, activities and so on. I don't like seeing people drinking sampai lupa dunia then the next day sure got news bunuh-membunuh or car accident. The only memories I had for this festival is watching my friend as one of the constestant and waiting her to be crowned as the winner but she didn't (you know la, don't know what the judges were thinking) and also the drawings I did for the History assignment during school days. Well, I actually copied the info from my sister's previous assignment cus I know nothing but am proud that I can draw all the pictures nicely. Hehe... I tried to draw back the baju kadazan penampang (penampang kadazan traditional costume) and taa-daa... (yeah, ugly huh)


A traditional costume includes himpogot (a silver dollar-shape belt), tangkong (hip-belt), titimbak (hair pin), tiningkokos (oval-shape silver/brass bracelets), gohong (bangles), hamai (necklace), simbong (earrings), paun (brooch of gold coins). I don't know much about the costume, more info can be found here.

That's all.

Long life, wealth and happiness to everyone!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP